8 steps to make powerful Meteor Apps SEO friendly
By Philomathes in Web Development
Making Meteor Apps SEO friendly –
- Prerender your Meteor app, if the App is hosted on Galaxy then use meteor’s prerender.io package, meteor adds mdg:SEO. If you aren’t on galaxy, don’t worry you can still set up prerender in your app.
- Add meta tags to your pages by using any of the following packages (please note there are plenty of packages available on the atmosphere)
- When using Blaze App with Flow router, you can use ostrio:flow-router-meta.
- For Blaze App using Iron Router, you can use manuelshoebel:ms-SEO
- With React apps, you can use React Helmet
- There are plenty of other packages out there, feel free to leave a comment if we missed a good one.
- Create sitemap, again plenty of options available but the popular one is gadicohen: sitemaps. Make sure you submit your sitemap using Google Webmaster
- Create a robots.txt file
- Include no-index meta tags on pages you don’t want search engines to index. Check out meteor/gadicohen:robots-txt.
- Page 404 a hell no, always ensure you either route back the user to the homepage or put up a page with links to trending pages.
- Use optimized images with alt tags.
- Packages like wizonesolutions: canonical enforce canonical URLs so that https://vayuz.com is the same as https://www.vayuz.com.