- While the industry awaits further clarity on issues, the move is being seen as a game changer paving way for far greater #founder control of their companies.
- Sebi’s approval for issuance of shares with differential voting rights (DVRs) for #Indian #founders was cheered by the #startup ecosystem.
- Total #money poured into #startups increased by 31% to $4.7 billion in the first six months of 2019 as compared to the same period in the previous year.
- #India’s #startup ecosystem is witnessing a financing boom, which is likely to pick up further in the second half of the year as investors from around the world are rushing in.
- As the next billion #Indian #internet users get accustomed to life with #technology, commerce experiences will be different due to various factors such as language, community, price points and logistics, #investors point out.
- Focused on the non-English speaking #population and relying on videos and social platforms like #Whatsapp, this breed of ecommerce #startups is seen as being discovery-led, unlike search-led platforms such as #Flipkart and #Amazon.
- Ecommerce companies and #startups are ramping up hiring, with #technology and supply chain experts much in demand, as they look to strengthen business backbone and scale up.
- The sector is expected to add more than 44,000 new jobs in the first half of this fiscal year, according to TeamLease Research.
- Helo, a vernacular social media platform of Chinese #startup ByteDance, aims to double its user base in #India to 100 million by the end of the year as it aggressively chases content creators by offering a possibility of instant stardom and future monetisation.
- Helo is calling itself a platform for the ‘Gully Boys’ of social media, referring to a #Hindi movie Gully Boy which is based on talented and popular rappers of Mumbai’s poorest neighbourhoods and slums.