- Survey makes a case for an optimal tax policy. For this, getting the balance right is extremely critical to not drive away the #investors. Sector’s concerns related to angel tax and other issues must be addressed.
- The number of #startup registrations has fallen during fiscal year 2019 in #Asia’s third-largest #economy, which is a worrying trend.
- Qualcomm #India is opening up its Qualcomm Design in #India Challenge programme for entrepreneurs supported by MeitY #Startup Hub (MSH).
- The collaboration would focus on enabling overall #growth of #startups and #development of soft skills, #knowledge base, and opportunities to connect with domain #experts.
- The growing #Indian #startup community has high expectations from Budget 2019. And rightly so. According to a recent NASSCOM-Zinnov report, #India has emerged as the third biggest #startup hub in the #world and received a total funding of $4.3 billion in 2018.
- To foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among the youth, the #government needs to drive game-changing reforms that offer relief and tax sops to the #startup #ecosystem.
4. What retail start-up bosses want this Budget: Revised GST on apparel, shopping refund to foreigners
- With less than 24 hours to go for the Union Budget, #industry leaders are waiting, and hopeful, for policies that will positively impact their sectors.
- Start-up retail bosses are batting for GST changes that will benefit not just the #industry players but also consumers.
- Pillai, who is also chairman of SP Lifecare, said the company would launch a string of projects to deliver #world-class elderly care by combining care, #technology and real estate.
- Pilla said the venture fund, with an initial corpus of $ 50 to 75 million, would be launched on September 8 to promote start-ups, with a slant on Kerala.