- The addition of UPI as a payment option on the Google Play Store will allow more people to use premium apps, games, and in-app content.
- This will help developers and creators reach a wider audience for their apps and content.
2.Digital identity verification firms are seeing higher demand as businesses rule out physical interaction with users
- Various new-age security mechanisms such as One-Time Password (OTP), fingerprint, iris scan, and facial recognition fall under the ambit of identity technology.
- Companies are also using digital ID verification to mark attendance of employees, replacing old school paper or plastic ID cards
- Uber has started testing a new super-app interface in India that integrates food delivery and ride-hailing, multiple people familiar with the matter said. This will give customers an option to pick Rides or Eats with equal visibility — a prominent way to direct a rides customer to order food.
- The move also indicates that the company plans to actively cross-sell different properties, beginning with nudging its riders to also become eaters.
- significant factor for a handsome uptick in Walmart’s surging share prices, the latest Morgan Stanley report said. In a bull case, PhonePe could be worth as much as $20 billion, said the report.
- Due to the growing potential of PhonePe beyond just payments, Walmart’s share prices could go up to $125 in the base case and $165 in bull case, the report added. This comes at a time when Walmart shares have hit an all-time high of almost $118 in the US on Thursday.
- UCWeb is looking to partner with e-commerce firms such as Flipkart and Paytm Mall for the service, said Huaiyuan Yang, vice president of UCWeb Global Business.
- The Chinese firm is expected to launch the service within this year, said Huaiyuan Yang, vice president of UCWeb Global Business.