- WeWork isn’t SoftBank’s first intervention. Its investment in Uber Technologies Inc. included a deal to block. controversial co-founder Travis Kalanick from taking a CEO or chairman position.
- Even as his lieutenants were laying the groundwork for Adam Neumann’s ouster, Masayoshi Son took the stage to tell entrepreneurs that daring and ambition are still a winning formula.
- This trend, notable in the declines of Uber and Lyft, has accelerated in recent weeks, with SmileDirectClub posting the worst opening trade for a big IPO in more than a decade and WeWork forced to delay its listing because of tepid demand.
- While misfires by brand names like Uber or Peloton steal headlines, lesser-known deals have been resilient, such as Datadog Inc.
- Firm to use funds to expand its customer outreach in India as well as overseas.
- The online platform provides personalized scientific advice to cancer patients through its network of oncologists.
- The startup aims to grow tenfold with fresh funds over the next 12 months.
- WhistleDrive currently operates more than 700 fleets, spread across Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
- Neumann’s downfall came after WeWork’s parent, We Company, spent months preparing for an initial public offering, only to have to postpone its plans last week.
- WeWork’s potential valuation in its IPO kept falling as bankers tested the market for demand.