- Among fintech investment deals on a global level, London has taken top spot in 2019, with a total of 114 deals, overtaking New York in second place (101).
- London also attracts a wider international variety of investors than other European hubs, with 39 percent of investors coming from outside Europe.
- SoftBank Group Corp.’s Masayoshi Son, the founder of the Japanese conglomerate, is among those pushing for Neumann to resign.
- The news of Neumann’s potential ouster comes after a whirlwind week of uncertainty for WeWork.
- ARK Impact, an asset management company, seems to be behind the fund.
- Bhavish Aggarwal and cofounder Ankit Bhati were aiming for an IPO in the next “3-4 years”.
- Industry executives pointed out that the regulator has looked at P2P only from a retail lending point of view, whereas there is a growing demand for business loans through the platform.
- The regulator has sought empirical proof of “demand” from customers outstripping supply.
- CASHING IN: Flipkart CEO says consumption appetite intact, Tier-2, Tier-3 markets growing at 90%.
- According to Krishnamurthy, the metro business is growing at half that rate.