- Hyderabad Fintech Forum (HFF), a platform for the exchange of ideas on technology in BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance) space to enable and strengthen the start-up ecosystem and make unicorns from the city, was launched here on Tuesday.
- Principal secretary to IT and industries Jayesh Ranjan formally launched the forum in the presence of industry leaders.
- The IPO was expected to be the next step in WeWork’s rapid growth and mark a victory for Japanese telecom giant SoftBank Group Corp.’s plan to pour billions into startups around the world.
- The delay will give advisers more time to drum up interest and may allow the company to show investors another quarter’s worth of results.
- Early-stage technology and startup deal activity is set to intensify further with VC firms such as Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners expected to raise fresh capital and several other funds.
- Formerly known as IDG Ventures India, Chiratae will continue to do Series A to late-stage investments across the technology sector through its fund.
- Eureka! is one of the most popular International Business Model competition held by the entrepreneurship cell of IIT Bombay.
- The competition began 20 years ago and has grown from 50 teams competing for Rs 50,000 to a competition that gets over 10000 entries competing for prizes worth Rs 5 million at stake.
- The secure messaging app has become the destination of choice for businesses to onboard and retains customers.
- Customer details also remain private, entrepreneurs say, which is difficult to ensure in other groups. Some are also seeing success in Facebook-owned WhatsApp.