- Fintech startups offering stocks and mutual fund investments are leaning on specialised content to retain investor interest.
- Groww’s YouTube subscriber base has jumped to 31,000 from 5,000 and average views per video has shot up to more than 10,000 compared to 1,000 in the past.
- Uniphore has raised $51 million in a Series-C round led by March Capital Partners, as the speech recognition company looks to grow its business in North America.
- It was reported earlier that Uniphore had raised $38 million in a fresh funding led by March Capital Partners at an estimated valuation of $130 million
3. Syntizen is harnessing the world’s largest biometric ID system to prevent fraud, authenticate identity
- Nearly 6 million e-KYC transactions and over 35 million authentic transactions have been processed by the firm so far.
- The bio-metric system installed at the University for attendance had a flaw. The system was designed to enroll two fingerprints from an individual so that in case there is a cut on one finger, the other could be used to mark the attendance.
- Walmart-owned Flipkart is turning its refurbished goods portal 2GUD into an unbranded lifestyle and fashion platform that will compete with etailers like Paytm Mall and Snapdeal, as well as Chinese online apparel players such as Shein, Ali Express and Club Factory.
- The etailer is doing this to compete with Paytm Mall, Snapdeal, Shein , Ali Express and others.
- Ola has acquihired Pikup.ai, an artificial intelligence startup based out of Bangalore. Co-founded by Inder Singh and Ritwik Saikia, Pikup.ai uses autonomous technologies like artificial intelligence, computer vision and sensor fusion to provides AI-powered solutions for businesses. As part of the deal, the team at pikup.ai will join Ola.
- Ola had announced its intent to set up an Advanced Technology Centre, to focus on developing next-generation technologies in mobility like electric, connected and autonomous vehicles.